Sunday, March 2, 2008

Clorox Continued

Continuing on the stock of Clorox. I started to do some more research on their products. I was pretty impressed with what I found. The Clorox company owns a tons of different brands outside the realm of bleach and other cleaning supplies such as Brita (water filters), Armor All (car-care), and Glad/Gladware. Clorox also produces a bunch of products catering to the Asian and South American markets. I saw a couple of very bright spots in their portfolio. The first one is a new line of cleaning products called Green Works. This new line would capitalize on the green movement as all the products are bio-degradable and good for the environment. The other bright spot is Brita, as more people get turned off of plastic bottled water, people will be use filters to get that water. You always want companies with products that are innovative and adapt to the current environment.
Hopefully the market opens lower tomorrow and I can pick up a few shares on the cheap. I always like to buy into a stock in phases as I continue doing my homework on the company.
LT Trader

No comments: